2. Thou shalt not worship false gods, whether their names be Michael Jackson, Jim Murray, Jim McEwan, Stitzel-Weller, Pappy Van Winkle, Ralfy Mitchell or Serge Valentin.
3. Thou shalt not blog about or post photographs of the time thou and thy friends drank 10 ml each of 80 whiskies in one day.
4. Thou shalt not mention haggis or refer to Robert Burns as Robbie or Rabbie Burns unless thou is Scottish, and then only once a year. Relatedly, thou shalt lay off the Gaelic unless thou is one of the three people who actually speak it.
5. Thou shalt not post tedious April Fool’s prank posts unless thou wishes to be smited with extreme prejudice.
6. Thou shalt not post tasting notes or impressions of a whisky thou tasted 10 ml of in an unclean plastic tumbler at a crowded tasting in a liquor store.
7. Thou shalt not tell people to not put water in their whisky or encourage them to use pipettes to add water to their whisky.
8. Thou shalt disclose the source of all thy samples.
9. Thou shalt not participate in Twitter tastings.
10. Thou shalt not refer to thyself in the third person unless thou is making a considered rhetorical point.