Just another month of this so-called year. Well, at least December is off to a less stressful start than November. Which is not to say, of course, that we are at risk of complacency. Things are not so great in Minnesota on the Covid front. We are trying our best to stay as locked down as we can. I hope things are better where you are and that you too are managing to stay safe without going too crazy. Well, on the blog, at least, the year will end as it began: three whisky reviews, one restaurant/takeout report and a recipe each week. And occasionally an extra food-related post. On that last front I’ll soon be posting a follow-up to my annotated list of regional Indian cookbooks. I’ll also soon have another roundup of recent’ish writing on South Asian food. And if I can find some time I might even get to some of the other stuff I threatened back in August. In the meantime, I invite you, as always, to let me know in the comments if anything is of particular interest to you in the long list of potential reviews below.
- Ambassador 25 yo, Blend
- Ardbeg 12, 1998 (Chieftain’s)
- Ardmore 22, 1997 (SMWS)
- Ben Nevis 20, 1997 (Berry Bros. & Rudd)
- Ben Nevis 20, 1997 (Exclusive Malts)
- Ben Nevis 22, 1997 (Single Malts of Scotland)
- Ben Nevis 23, 1996 (First Editions)
- Benrinnes 22, 1995 (Signatory)
- Bladnoch 11, 2001, Lightly Peated, Sherry
- Bowmore 17, 2002 (Blackadder)
- Bowmore 25, 1994 (Adelphi)
- Caol Ila 10, 2006 (G&M)
- Caol Ila 11, 2008 (James Eadie)
- Dufftown 9, 1999 (G&M for Binny’s)
- Glen Moray 24, 1994, SMWS
- Glenburgie 14, 1997, Cask Strength Edition
- Glenglassaugh 30
- Glenmorangie 16, 1993 (SMWS)
- Highland Park 17, 2002 (SMWS)
- Lagavulin Lg8 (Elements of Islay)
- Laphroaig 21, 1995 (SMWS)
- Longrow 18, 2020 Release
- Springbank 12, 1996. Cream Sherry Cask
- Springbank 18, 2010 Release
- Tamdhu 26, 1984 (WWW forum bottling)
- Tomatin 23, 1976 (Old Malt Cask)
I would be particularly interested to hear about the Ardmore. Cheers!
Ardmore 22, 1997 (SMWS), Laphroaig 21, 1995 (SMWS) and Tomatin 23, 1976 (Old Malt Cask), please!
The first two for sure. I know I’ve been listing that Tomatin for months and months but opening it is going to depend on whether I finally finish the other old Tomatin I’ve had open most of the year.
Bladnoch 11 would be interesting…I believe I could get my hands on a bottle nowadays. Thx!
The Springbank’s please. Cream sherry cask sounds like a sweet thing. Interested to see if it works.