Here is your customary look ahead to the coming month on the blog. We’ll be traveling for a big chunk of the month, heading off soon to Los Angeles for a bit and then to Hawaii for another bit before returning to Minnesota in early July. There probably won’t be much sign of that on the blog this month though—maybe a quick restaurant report or two from Los Angeles. I still have a backlog of Minnesota restaurant reports to work through and those will probably take me through all the Tuesdays of the month. Recipes will be posted on Thursdays as usual (see the poll I posted this weekend for the five recipes that’ll be coming this month). I’m also hoping to get to the next edition of my round-ups of writing on South Asian food. And, of course, there’ll be the usual three whisky reviews per week. I have a bunch of potential themes—single distilleries, regions, cask types, profiles, age—and as always I invite you to help me select the month’s reviews by nominating the ones you’re most interested in from the long list below to the short list.
- Aberfeldy 16, 2003 (G&M)
- Amrut 7, Triple Distilled (for Spec’s)
- Ardmore 11, 2009 (Signatory)
- Balvenie 18, PX Finish
- Ben Nevis 20, 1996 (Single Cask Nation)
- Ben Nevis 21, 1996 (The Daily Dram)
- Ben Nevis 21, 1998 (Archives)
- Braes of Glenlivet 16, 1997 (Cadenhead)
- Caol Ila 14, 2003 (G&M)
- Caol Ila 14, 2005 (G&M)
- Caol Ila 16, 2002 (G&M)
- Craigellachie 13
- Craigellachie 13, 2007 (Cadenhead)
- Craigellachie 19,1999, Sherry Butt 129
- Dufftown 26, 1987 (Cadenhead)
- Glen Elgin 10, 2007 (SMWS)
- Glencadam 8, 2011 (SMWS0
- Glenlossie 19, 1997 (Alexander Murray)
- Glenrothes 11, 2010 (Signatory)
- Glentauchers 8, 2010 (SMWS)
- Kamet Single Malt Whisky
- Laphroaig 10 CS, Batch 013
- Paul John Oloroso Cask
- Unnamed Orkney 14, 2006 (Signatory)
Let me know in the comments below if any of these particularly catch your eye.
I’d be interested in the three Signatory bottlings (3, 19 & 24) – thanks MAO!
Interested in your thoughts on the Ben Nevis trio! As it happens, I seem to have all three of those open at the moment.
The Indian single-malts, please?