Another month in the books, another to look ahead to. I’ve spend most of June outside Minnesota (and won’t be back for a few days yet). I’ll then be staying put for about two weeks before taking off again—this time for work. On the food front I’ll finish catching up on my backlog of Twin Cities restaurant reports: my second dinner at Khaluna, lunch at Orale and dinner at Myriel are what remain of that backlog. Not sure yet what the fourth Twin Cities restaurant report will cover. And at some point, I’ll also start posting quick roundups of some meals from our June travels. Also coming soon is my next quarterly round-up of favourite dishes eaten in the Twin Cities, from the beginning of April through the end of June. And one final food-related thing to keep an eye out for: this weekend I’ll post the poll to select the recipes I’ll post in July.
On the booze front there’ll be the usual complement of three reviews a week. As always, you can help me finalize that list by making nominations from the long list below.
- Arran 14
- Arran 17, 1999 (Cadenhead)
- Arran Quarter Cask, The Bothy, Batch 3
- Braes of Glenlivet 16, 1997 (Cadenhead)
- Caol Ila 8, 2013 (Thompson Bros. for K&L)
- Caol Ila 14, 2003 (G&M)
- Caol Ila 14, 2005 (G&M)
- Caol Ila 16, 2002 (G&M)
- Craigellachie 13
- Craigellachie 13, 2007 (Cadenhead)
- Craigellachie 19,1999, Sherry Butt 129
- Glen Elgin 10, 2007 (SMWS)
- Glencadam 8, 2011 (SMWS)
- Glenlossie 19, 1997 (Alexander Murray)
- Glenrothes 16, 2005 (Old Particular for K&)
- Glentauchers 8, 2010 (SMWS)
- Glenturret 17, 2004 (Old Particular for K&L)
- Lagavulin 12, 2021 Release
- Laphroaig 10 CS, Batch 013
- Ledaig 15, 2006 (Old Particular for K&L)
- Oban 12, 2021 Release
- Port Charlotte 16, 2001 (Archives)
- Talisker 11, 2009 (Old Particular for K&L)
- Teaninich 12, 2009 (Thompson Bros.)
Hey MAO, I’d be interested in the Arrans please, and maybe the Oban if there’s room to spare. And thanks for posting the Gurda-Kapoora Masala recipe!
Always good for a Laphroaig review. Also interested in Teaninich and Craigellachie as distillers/producers about which I know nothing.