Yes, it’s time to help me select recipes to post next month (on Thursdays, as always). I have eight candidates this month and I’m afraid that as written none of them are vegetarian. Two, however, can be made vegetarian—one by omitting the small shrimp I threw in on a whim, the other by replacing smoked ham hock with smoked tofu or tempeh or similar. And I know it’s a long shot but I hope a bunch of you will vote for the gurda-kapoora masala even though it features goat testicles. The recipe will work even if you leave out the testicles (assuming you can find some to buy) and use only kidneys or a mix or kidneys and liver or kidneys and liver and keema. The rest I think should not be such hard sells. But who knows, maybe you’ll surprise me and the goat balls will be the runaway winner of the poll.
Here is the full list of candidates:
- Chicken Curry with Yogurt and Caramelized Onions
- Gurda-Kapoora Masala. (Gurda=kidney and kapoora=testicles.)
- Lamb and Flageolet Bean Stew. (Or use bean of choice.)
- Lamb Shank Curry with Peanuts and Potatoes
- Mixed Veg Torkari. (Leave out the shrimp and make it vegan.)
- Roast Chicken with Indian Spices
- Roast Duck with Indian Spices
- Smoky White Bean Stew. (Sub smoked tofu/tempeh for ham to make it vegan.)
Here is the photographic persuasion. Scroll down for the poll itself, which I will leave open for 2-3 days.
And here is the poll. You can vote for up to four candidates.